Accessing WiFi PCMCIA card
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

SFU_IRMS

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2003 :  20:30:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
I want modify the MAC layer of the 802.11b protocol for a specific application. I'm using Graphics Master and was wondering if it's possible to backup and write to the PCMCIA card connecting it to my development board?

Any help is appreciated.. thanks.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  10:57:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
You're going to have to write a custom PCMCIA driver. A good resource for both past knowledge and current help for something like this is the Microsoft public newsgroups, which are available from the free news server msnews.microsoft.com. I recommend you look/post in the following groups for this type of question:

microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder
microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer
microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded

Complete archives for this and all newsgroups, as well as great search filtering capabilities, can be found at Google.
Go to Top of Page

SFU_IRMS

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2003 :  19:44:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks,

but I have another question..

Is there a tutorial or reference on the web or anywhere that can help me write a driver? I want something more complicated than a normal mouse driver, preferibly something wireless and related to networking.

Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  09:04:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Two recommendations:

1. Building Powerful Platforms with Windows CE By James Y. Wilson and Aspi Havewala, Addison-Wesly Press. This book covers the fundamentals of the different driver models in CE.

2. Order Platform Builder evaluation or emulator edition (you'll only pay for shipping, which is about $5) from Microsoft. Platform Builder has x86 sample drivers for just about every device type supported in CE.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000