Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  11:45:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

We have a BitsyPlus hardware and running with Windows CE.net 4.13. With this configuration we should have 15.9Mb FlashFX disk space (31103 sectors, 512 bytes/sector) free.

FlashFX Disk Detected: Ver 5.10 (Build 492).

After we use ~10Mb disk space for application, utilities, dlls files then we can not copy any file to the FlashFX disk because it pops up the error message:

"There is not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free disk space, and then try again"

and our copy file is only 528Kb which is enough room for (15.9Mb - 10Mb) free space on the FlashFX disk.

Do you have any way to check the real free space on the FlashFX disk ? and how do we work around this problem ?

Thank in advance.
Nghia

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  11:52:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Nghia. We've got a couple utilities we'll be releasing shortly. However, you can most quickly check the size of your flash disk by selecting "FlashFX Disk" in Explorer, then selecting File|Properties.

Can you let us know which Bitsy Plus boot code you're using and what values are set in your registry for the following keys?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\FlashFx]
    "Start"=dword:?
    "Length"=dword:?

Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  12:16:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Nghia,
Hello.

We have had 'similar' problems in the past, and more recently with .NET builds on both the BitsyX (see Topic 1140) and Bitsy. Topic 1140 specifically addresses the BitsyX.

Are you seeing similar files/directories on your FlashFx disk as was mentioned in Topic 1140?

Also, are you trying to do remote debugging when this occurs? We had 'similar' problems when doing remote debugging when we specified that the debug executable was to be downloaded to the FlashFx disk. As soon as we specified the Storage Card for the executable location, the problem went away.

I see that Drew has already responded. He is more likely to be on the right track. But I saw the .NET in your post and it raised a flag for me.

Susan

Edited by - Susan on 03 Oct 2003 12:16:53
Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  15:47:08  Show Profile  Email Poster

Hello Susan, Hi Drew
Thank you for your reply.

Susan,
The display is not similar as was mentioned in Topic 1140, the directories and file names are displaying correctly (4 sub-directories, and 143 files), only FlashFX disk does not let me copy a new file on it.

This occurs when I am trying to do remote updating a new version of our application software and their utilities, and they should be located on the FlashFX disk and will running on the next powerup.

I will try your idea (store on a PCMCIA Storage Disk).

Thank you for sharing a idea and information,
and have a nice weekend.
Nghia

Drew,
Thank you for reply,

I am using a bootrom version 1.77:

ADS BitsyPlus Rom Ver. 1.77 (64MB DRAM)
(Build at 09:46:17 on Jan 17 2003)

Properties of FlashFX Disk is:

Type: Removable Storage
Used: 9,035,776 bytes (8.61MB)
Free: 6,864,896 bytes (6,54MB)

the setup parameters in registry are:

Length 0x01000000 (16777216)
Start 0x09000000 (150994944)
FSD "FATFSD.DLL"
Dll "FlashFx510.Dll"
Base 0x08000000 (134217728)

and parameters setup in ADSload.reg are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\FlashFx]
;---- 14MB CE image
"Start"=dword:09000000 ; 14MB CE image
"Length"=dword:1000000 ; 16MB flash disk (32MB flash
installed)

I am waiting for your utilities which will be releasing shortly.
In a mean time I am reflashing the WinCE image and reformat the FlashFX Disk.

Thank for your help and have a nice weekend.
Nghia

Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  09:42:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
One more thought...

I also copy the debug versions of our DLLs manually to the Windows directory of the device. I have them in a folder on my StorageCard, and drag them over to the Windows folder. (When I run in debug mode, I have the device desktop available.)

Periodically, the eVC++ software will generate a message that there is not enough room on the device when it attempts to copy these files. But I know that there is sufficient space.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000