All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 eVC Application Development
 How to update application on system at field?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

wtang

17 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  15:29:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
We're using the AGX system, and we're required to be able to remote update software on AGX system that is field deployed through a central server over Ethernet so no technician need to be sent to the field.

I think first we can't do the AGX image update easily (I checked with ADS Forum, and image update is not recommended for field usage), and maybe I'm wrong here?

For applications that we developed, I plan to use FTP, and I was told that Ethernet ActiveSync should be easier than FTP. My concern of ActiveSync is that it requires to create a partnership first through serial link or USB. Since we don't have that connection from AGX to central server in the field, I suspect if we can use Ethernet ActiveSync.

Does anyone implement remote application upgrade function on ADS system? What's a good way to do it?

Thanks,
William

tlendway

4 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  11:40:16  Show Profile
I'm interested in this too - how is it done??
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  15:39:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your note. Over the years we have created a number of solutions for customers that have worked well for them. However, each has its limitations and pitfalls.

Please contact us with details about how you would like to update your image and we'll be glad to discuss options with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000