Bitsy Plus to Bitsy X transistion
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  10:41:37  Show Profile
Hi guys,
We're starting work on a new product, in which we carried over our Bitsy Plus knowledge and design. If that will be reaching EOL soon, we are considering going to the Bitsy X. Do you have any good references around about pitfalls we might run into? Hardware and software.
Thanks,
-Patrick
psweeney@magnatech-lp.com

jbaik

22 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  11:17:20  Show Profile
We have couple customers are using BitsyX from Bitsy. We haven't got any big issues so far.
If you tell us about what peripherals you're trying to use, we can help you out in detail.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  11:09:45  Show Profile
So you're saying I should be able to just put it in my system, in place of the Plus board and should be able to keep going as if nothing had happened? I'm using the keypad and pretty much every EIO line on the board.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  11:25:45  Show Profile
Hi Patrick. The core OS is fundamentally the same, but as with every new product, you need to look at the device-specific I/O drivers to make the transition. For example, the CE drivers for the non-ADSmartIO digital I/Os changed on the BitsyX because they are handled by the CPU instead of the CPLD.

Take a look at the list of BitsyX CE I/O drivers posted at topic 1013 and the Revision History in the BitsyX User Manual at topic 977. The latter includes a section that details all the changes that were made between Bitsy Plus and BitsyX.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000