Hardware Sleep/Wake on J1
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2002 :  16:31:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: I would like to include a hardware wakeup/sleep button on my Graphics Client Plus device. I know that if I connect a momentary pushbutton to J1, I can wake the system up, but how can I put the system to sleep using the same button?

ADS CE builds since November 2001 include a driver that can put the system to sleep based on J1 activity.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Power]
"PowerOffByGPIO1"=dword:1 ; 1 enable built-in driver
"PowerOffFromApps"=dword:0 ; 1 application, 0 built-in driver

When the PowerOffFromApps key is set to 1, the interrupt handler issues the "PWROFF" event, which must be trapped by your application. See the current release of your product's registry for details.

You can also poll the status of the sleep/wake line with CE driver GPI5: on the GC Plus and GPI4: on the Bitsy and Graphics Master.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  11:17:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
The sleep/wake jumper on the Bitsy and Bitsy Plus is on the personality board.

On ADS systems, the sleep/wake signal is called RqOnOFF ("request on/off"). This is the equivalent of the "on/off" switch found on most modern electronics, in which the device doesn't actually turn off completely, but goes into a limited power state.

For further reading, see the CE power management topic index.

Edited by akidder 11-Feb-2003: add link to topic index
Go to Top of Page

jjmackay

24 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  13:12:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
How can I poll the status of the sleep/wake with the GCX and CE 5.0? The event notification is not a good solution for our product.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000