eVC Help System Update Problem
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mjbeckman

4 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2004 :  14:38:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am using eVC 4.0 (SP 2) with Windows 2000 (SP 5). I have downloaded the ADS XScale 4.2 SDK for use with an AGX board. After installing this SDK, every time I open eVC, the following message appears in the output window:

"The eVC help system updated successfully."

Is there a way to prevent this from happening on every startup? This significantly increases the amount of time it takes to start eVC and access the help file.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2004 :  16:52:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
I don't know that we've heard of this issue before. I hate to sound like Microsoft, but have you considered uninstalling the SDK and tools, then reinstalling? I agree that this sounds like a big hassle the way it's working (or not) right now.
Go to Top of Page

mjbeckman

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  13:51:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the SDK numerous times. At the moment, for unrelated reasons, I am using the CE 4.1 image on the AGX board, so the BitsyX SDK works perfectly. When the time comes to move to 4.2, I will try uninstalling everything.
Go to Top of Page

OCAS1

6 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2007 :  07:46:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have the same problem with the ADS XScale 4.2 SDK. I don't think it helps to re-install everything. IF you know any way to prevent the help system to be updated, it would be very nice...

Now, it takes 21 seconds to start eMbedded Visual Tools (every time).

Best rgds,
Tom Roar
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2007 :  16:13:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Oh, that's frustrating. Even more frustrating is going to be that I don't have any new advice for you :). I searched our archives, and you and mjbeckman are the only two that have reported this issue.

My suggestion is that you keep eVC open while you're doing development to reduce the startup time. Since this isn't an application deployment issue and the Microsoft isn't doing any new development for eVC, there probably isn't going to be much attention to resolving it.

Let us know if you find out any more details about this issue, or if you think there is anything we might be able to do to help.
Go to Top of Page

OCAS1

6 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  09:51:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello!

My problem is gone now. What I did was that I rolled back my Windows-installation with Ghost Restore, and re-installed your SDK before eMbedded Visual Tools Service Pack 4.

Last time when I gotthe problem, the evc4sp4 was pre-installed before installing your SDK.

So, simply re-installing evc4sp4 should be sufficient. It not, remove both evc4sp4 and ADS XScale 4.2 SDK, and re-install them in the order I did.

Tom Roar Pedersen
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000