All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Downloads and Documents
 Custom app-loader CE Image, BitsyX (+core build)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jmoger

11 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  16:55:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
My project uses BitsyX and WinCE as a delivery mechanism for my application. The device will not be used as a consumer device - its only purpose is to run my application.

I'd like to have an application-devoid minimal CE 4.2 image for BitsyX (should follow the $3 license model). Basically take the existing CE 4.2 image and subtract:
1. all file viewers
2. media player
3. internet explorer
4. inbox
5. remote desktop connection
6. messenger

I want the GDI shell and not much else.

Additionally can anyone tell me:

1. If the "Run", "Help", "Documents" and "Favorites" menu items can be removed, disabled, or hidden?

2. If there is a way to elegantly "subtract" registry entries without resorting to regedit? I'm looking to get rid of the "My Computer" and "Recycle Bin" desktop icons (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Explorer\Desktop) without manual regedit intervention. Maybe through adsload.reg?

3. Is it possible to eliminate the virtual keyboard?

Thanks,
James

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  18:15:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your message, James. Most of our customers only use the CE desktop during development. When they deploy their application in the field, they suppress the desktop (forum topic 40) so that the end users can't get to Windows Explorer or the command line.

You are correct that ADSLOAD.REG is the best way to reliably set registry keys. ADSLOAD.REG can be loaded along with a specific CE image to create a consistent product in a production environment.

We have recently changed our software release procedures to generate both Core- and Professional-license builds (see topic 1431) when we create a release. This will allow developers to easily transition to cost-effective production builds when development is complete. Our next BitsyX release will be available in both license models and should ready for you to test with in the next few weeks.

Feel free to drop us a line directly or post here on the forums if you have follow-up questions.
Go to Top of Page

jmoger

11 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2004 :  10:37:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
Any ETA for the first BitsyX Core image?
Go to Top of Page

jmoger

11 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  10:40:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Its coming up on 4 months since the promise of a "core" version.... Can we expect a "core" bitsyx image any time soon?
Go to Top of Page

Moose

6 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  11:11:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Dido!
Go to Top of Page

Khor

10 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  13:52:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
We've posted build 4.20.14 Core and Pro. Please download the lastest and the greatest image and bootloader
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000