All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Drivers
 Problem with ADS Ethernet driver? (BitsyX CE 4.2)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

garner

5 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2004 :  15:54:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
I did not get any responce to this in the ethernet topic so I'm puting a copy here in wince drivers.

I'm using the BitsyX/wince4.2. we are A/C powered and never suspend.
my smc ethernet is on the personality board (no CF). ethernet works fine on the BitsyX ( pings to my host and IE allways display the page)

the problem is when the bitsyX is not pinging or using http, if I ping from the host to the bitsyX the ping times out. I have to ping from the bitsyX to the host to "prime" the connection, then the host pings work for a while, and then they quit working. if the bitxy host is allways pinging the host, then the host access to the bitsyX allways works.

this "feels" like the ethernet controller is powering down when no application on the bitsyX is using the ethernet controler.

I build my own kernels using platform builder 4.2, what can I do to fix this? I've read about ndispower.dll, what do I look for to disable it. I'm using the board support package (BitsyXV42003) / SMC9000 driver from you guys.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2004 :  16:27:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sorry we didn't get to your post at topic 1751 quicker. We haven't seen this problem on our systems, but we will test it to see what's going on.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2004 :  16:34:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
One thought: Have you tried one of the standard builds and configuration files for the BitsyX that we've posted to the CE build selector? That would help narrow down if the issue is with the driver, your build or the registry settings.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2004 :  17:42:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
We tested with build 4.20.13 (about to be released) and didn't see the issue. Let us know how we can reproduce this issue and we'll dive into it.
Go to Top of Page

garner

5 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  17:05:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
That's a good idea, I'll try one of your standard builds.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2005 :  16:29:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
For other readers: We're continuing to explore this issue. The customer's application uses their own Ethernet hardware and CE build. We're working with them to track down the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000