Can't load Graphics Master from CF card
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

nickvanpuyvelde

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  11:23:15  Show Profile  Email Poster
I downloaded CE build 3.23 and the .reg , .hwt mentioned in the list.
But while booting it seems not to be able to read hardware register values from ATA flash PC card.
"Reading hardware register values from ATA flash PC card" always is the last line i see on me laptop.

I read it could be some wrong setting in the hardware table, but i didn't change anything. Do i have to change a setting, or what can be the reason of the malfunction?

Thanks in advance

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  16:29:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
There's a good chance that the CF card you're using may not be formatted FAT12 or FAT16. Take a look at the posts at topics 1163, 1162, 751 and 147 for ideas about the issue in which the Graphics Master boot code can't read the newer CF card formats. These topics also suggest ways to format your card correctly, which work some of the time.

You might also try buying a modest-sized card (64M or less) off-the-shelf at the store and DON'T format it on your PC.
Go to Top of Page

nickvanpuyvelde

5 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  03:02:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am using a 64MB CF and i checked or it surely was correctly formatted with the freeware, mentioned in topic 1162. It is FAT16. When i put some files on the CF it is possible to read them at another graphic master.
Go to Top of Page

nickvanpuyvelde

5 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  03:32:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
Problem seems to be solved, after using another CF card and formatting it in Win 2000.

Thanks for your help
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000