General Hardware, ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds
 touch screen specs for compatibility; wearing out
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Simonson

6 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  16:13:37  Show Profile
Are there specifications available that a resistive touch panel must meet to insure compatibility with the GCP? For example, the resistance between the top an the bottom of a given panel will be within a certain acceptable range. What is the acceptable range?

Is there an app note that would talk about which touch registry settings should be tweaked in order to work with a panel that has 30% less resistance than a working panel?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  12:02:57  Show Profile
There's no real formula to do this. We hook up the touch panels when we configure them and adjust the timings to get standard performance.

Why don't you give us a ring and we can see what we can do to get this touch panel working.

Drew
(support.us@eurotech.com)
Go to Top of Page

Renyi

26 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  14:32:40  Show Profile
HI Simonson,

I am having similar problems. I get touchscreens returned that have been pressed so hard that the elasticity point of the glass has been broken. The touch screen gets permanently deformed and will not return to the normal open circuit with no pressure applied state(The touch screen will think its being pressed continously and not work)

If you know of way to dynamically adjust for this, it would be much appreciated. As of now, we are just replacing the touchscreens.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  16:32:07  Show Profile
Hi Renyi. Once a touch panel has been physically damaged, there isn't much you can do to get it to work reliably again.

You might try educating your customers about how to prolong the life of their touch panels (e.g. don't use metal objects as a stylus; use a "screen protector"--layer of plastic like the one that comes with touch panels when they're new; etc).

Five-wire touch panels, which are increasingly prevalent since their patent expired, give significantly longer life than four-wire (I've seen estimates of 10 to 40x more touch cycles). I believe that you're using a Graphics Master, which supports only four-wire touch panels. When you migrate to the next generation product, you might consider selecting an ADS product configured for five-wire panels.

For now, your best option is to replace the touch panels as part of your product maintenance program.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000