AGX CPLD version
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

perletz

10 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  08:24:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
I would like to know what the current version of the CPLD on the AGX board. I understand that there is a possible update to the CPLD related to I problem I encountered with the watchdog timer resetting the board.

My AGX:
ADS CPLD REV: 0x0-0xb

rwhaley

628 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  09:37:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am unaware of any plans to change the CPLD to address the problem you had with the watchdog timer. The linux patch you already have or the current linux release 2.4.27_vrs1_pxa1_adsx4 (which should be posted to the forums today) resolve this issue.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  10:08:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
For other readers, I believe perletz is refering to the Ethernet controller resetting when the watchdog timer is triggered (topic 1776).
Go to Top of Page

perletz

10 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
Right. The kernel patch does solve the problem with regard to the Ethernet controller after a watchdog timer trigger ( as akidder mentioned ). However, I now have found that resetting the watchdog timer ("kicking the dog") appears to be ineffectual unless the external interrupt (my 1pps signal) is present. An odd complement to the original problem (presence of the 1pps during a watchdog trigger caused the Ethernet controller reset problem). I wonder if this is a by product of the kernel patch and/or an additional manifestation of the CPLD issue thought to be the root cause of the original problem. If the CPLD will not be revised (or , indeed, is unrelated to my new problem) can a software work around be devised for it as well?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

perletz

10 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  09:55:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
This latest watchdog management problem was entirely in my application code.

The latest Linux kernel with the current AGX CPLD completely address the watchdog timer issues that I experienced.

Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000