Pocket ChartFX
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

chief

6 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  09:17:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello All- We are using the Pocket ChartFX control to do live charting on the BitsyX. We found that if we installed the Pro-RAM image(4.20.17) that we could register the chart control either programmatically or by using regsvr2.exe. But when we use the Core-RAM image(4.20.17) the registration fails. Any idea why this is true?

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  09:41:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Pro-RAM image must contain a dependency not in the Core-RAM image. Without knowing the ChartFX dependencies, it's impossible to tell exactly why that would be the case.
Go to Top of Page

chief

6 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  11:38:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
After comparing the dll's in the Windows directory of each image, I found only three dll's that were in the Pro image and not the Core image: cefobj.dll, pegobj.dll, and PRISMNDS.dll. I tried to see if one (or all) of these dll's are needed by the Pocket Chart ocx (Cfx4032ce.ocx) by attempting to copy them from the Pro image and the pasting them to the Core Windows dir and registering them (if necessary), but I can't copy them from ROM and could not find a place to download them on the 'net. Am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't know what any of these dll's do, nor do I know why the ocx would have a dependency on any of them.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  11:48:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
There are likely several DLLs in the \Windows folder that you can't see. Also, the DLLs themselves are not necessarily functional equivalents. Many of the system libraries are assembled when the CE image is assembled with only the ordinals/entry points for the features selected for support. So coredll.dll on your Pro-RAM image is substantially different from the coredll.dll on your Core-RAM system.

The best route is to ask the vendor what their library's depenedcies are. If you can't get that, then you can use tools like depends.exe to examine the dependencies and called ordinals of the libray which will tell you everything the library is statically linked to. Dynamic loading of libraries cannot be reverse-engineered this way so you're still not guaranteed to be able to know everything it requires.
Go to Top of Page

chief

6 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  12:06:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the quick responses. Using depends.exe, I found a dependency on coredll.dll as well as many other dll files. I will contact Software FX and find out if using the Pro image is a requirement for the Cfx4032ce.ocx.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000