Problems with the Portal Board
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

bloo

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  16:22:50  Show Profile
Hi I am using the portalboard with the armv4I_release SDK.

Firstly I wanted to check if the OS i'm running and the SDK i'm using are the most recent versions.
I read the post on how to find which windows build is running (by looking in RegEdit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> platform -> "name of board". But unfortunately for me the platform folder is empty.
(I understand that there is not yet support for usb connectivity using activeSync, not Touchscreen support. Have updates been released or will they be coming out soon? )

I am currently using Visual Studio 2005 (windows 2000 pro), and trying to deploy my program. (target device =, solution platform = windows mobile 5.0 pocket pc)
However after compiling and deploying, Visual Studio
replies: Unable to start program 'xxx.exe' Program requires a newer version of windows.
Is there something I am doing wrong here?
I also see the executable file on the board after unsuccessfully running it from visual studio.
When clicking on it it responds: Cannot find 'xxx' (or one of its component) Make sure the path and filenam are correct and that all the requried libraries are avaliable.

Thanks
-Brian

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  17:48:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
The messages you're getting are due to components that your application requires but that are not part of the CE build. Based on the notes you supplied, I think you'll need to use a target platform of Windows CE 5.0, not Pocket PC.

You can download the ADS CE 5.0 SDK from topic 678, which should eliminate these errors.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000