adsio, BitsyX digital IOs
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

kirkmartinez

9 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2006 :  10:33:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
hi - I assume it is possible to use 8 adsio lines as digital outputs on our BitsyX? but it means disbling the LCD things I guess? we're taking them from J31 on the "personality board".

Thanks

Forum admin note: Topic moved from "Linux Open Discussion" to "General Hardware..." 7-Jul-2006 ak

rwhaley

628 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2006 :  10:48:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
Of course you can use the various digital I/Os as described here in the forums and in our documentation.

I'm puzzled about why this would involve "disabling the LCD things", however. If you mean disabiling the display that should work fine regardless of how one uses the digital I/Os.

Go to Top of Page

kmartinez

20 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  09:12:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
OK - so we are testing the ucb-io lines on the personality board with the xio sample code - it always gives 11111111 even when we tie ucb-io0 to pin1 = 0V

any ideas? we're running the microdrive debian (excellent!) and have the LCD plugged in.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  09:21:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Can you clarify which pin(s) you're testing on the BitsyX? The Bitsy used the UCB1200 for digital I/Os (UCB_IOn signals), but on the BitsyX those pins are controlled by the CPU (EIOn signals).
Go to Top of Page

kmartinez

20 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  09:40:53  Show Profile  Email Poster
J31 on the personality board is going to drive our relay card. As its a revB the connector is pinned out here:
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=409#rev_1_to_2_changes
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  10:19:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
Great. Just know that the UCB_IOn signals on the personality board correspond to the EIOn signals of the BitsyX. I'll make a note of it at topic 409.
Go to Top of Page

kmartinez

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  11:27:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Just so others know - you can only drive a couple of relays at 3mA from these I/Os. We're adding a buffer to save the Bitsy from doing any driving.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000