Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mplaum

11 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2006 :  18:03:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

In the latest NK.BIN builds for the AGX boards, I've noticed that the ADS Configuration applet is missing.

Is there another way of loading HWT and REG files (besides loading them on the root folder of an installed ATA card)? I know there's a utility to extract the files (ADSLOADEXTRACT) but how about loading them?

Thanks in advance,
Markus

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  10:15:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Markus. Thanks for your note. The preferred way to load the REG and HWT files are with a CF card at boot. Other methods have the potential to corrupt the flash disk and are not recommended.

The ADSLOAD.REG, .HWT and .EXE files are currently copied to the \Temp folder. You can get a copy of those files there.

You shouldn't need to alter the REG or HWT files at run-time these days (there were some reasons in the past that are no longer needed). Feel free to email us with details about the requirements for your application and we'll be glad to assist.
Go to Top of Page

mplaum

11 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  10:41:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you, Andrew.

The problem I was having was that we had switched CF card manufacturers (SanDisk wasn't going to provide the industrial line anymore). When booting with the new cards, it wasn't picking up the ADSLOAD.REG file settings on the root of the card. We need to do some configuration changes to our units just before shipping them.

I have since found another post about boot issues with improperly formatted cards. I reformatted the cards as FAT16 and it works fine now.

Thank you!
Markus
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000