Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ls00722

8 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  15:57:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi:
I have an old ADS GC( not sure if it's GD or GC client), with Sharp LQ64D343 LCD panel mounted. Since I haven't touch that thing for years, recently I want to load it with WinCE for some short demo. It was loaded with linux before. The bootrom with lable "Linux, boot1.76. I tried to boot with linux but it failed. I am not sure if anybody re-programmed the bootrom or not.
Is their anyway i can bring it up with WinCE? I don't care which version. I connect serial 1 to my computer with 57600 8N1 , but it doesn't show anything when power is applied.
Any useful link which is not dead ?

Thanks
lei sun

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  10:04:32  Show Profile
No output from the debug port is not a good sign, but the baud rate should be 38400. There should be some numbers on the card that start with 621 or 900 (or 700 if the others aren't on it). These numbers would tell us which card it is. Also, check the boot switches. If they are not set with one and three on, try that configuration for boot.
Go to Top of Page

ls00722

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  16:30:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the reply!
1.For DIP switch, which position is "On" and which is "Off", if i am using the direction toward LCD as reference.
2.for debug serial port, is it serial one? (bring out using supplied cable with split into 2 serial port, serial1 and serial 2).
3.Is there anyway that i can re-program the eeprom? suppose the one installed is for linux, can i reprogram it to winCE's bootloader? If so would you give me the binary file for eeprom?

Thank you!
lei
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  18:49:19  Show Profile  Email Poster
1. One side of the DIP switch is usually labeled "ON". It's opposite the side with the numbers.
2. Debug port is Serial 3, which usually has its own ten-pin socket.
3. If you've got a programmer for the boot ROM, we could send you the boot code for reprogramming.

The main issue is probably going to be that you have a product that is not being supported for new designs.

Let us know the product numbers on the labels so we can know which device you're using. We can help you transition to a compatible product that has better development support.
Go to Top of Page

ls00722

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  22:12:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks !
There is a lable on the PCMCIA slot says" ADSmartI/O 700110-4017J", Can you send me the boot code, i think i got a programmer that can do this, but i have to try. I am not sure if this board is capable of booting winCE 4.0 or higher? Would you recommend me a version of windowsCE or even or even point to me the CE image where i can download it?

BTW, I put zImage and Ramdisk.gz into ATA Flash and set the DIP switch to "1 and 3 on" ,but couldn't see anything on LCD and Serial3 (38400 8N1). Setting DIP switch to "1 and 2 On", the LCD show the little penguin and freezed, serial console still doesn't show anything".

My email is : lsun@iDirect.net
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

ls00722

8 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  14:21:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi:
Anybody can offer some help on this ?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  15:59:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sorry we missed your post Monday night. It looks like you may have a GC Plus, but we'll need a little more detail to verify.

We'll email you with a few more questions to figure out what product you've got and how to get you moving forward on your development.
Go to Top of Page

ls00722

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  14:56:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
On the back of the board:

8401B

SN: 48420001
Boot ROM lable: U22 Linux 19011084010 BOOT 1.76

The plan is for a handhold device demo based on winCE, if demo goes well, we might consider moving to PXA255 CPU.

Hope these info would help.

Thanks!
Lei
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  17:22:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for copying the forums. We'll continue working with you in the email threads we've started.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000