Resizing FlashFx Disk with new Image
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

thomaskuhn

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  08:26:09  Show Profile
Our BitsyXb has 32Mb of Flash memory. I installed the latest image of the OS (5.00.27, size 22.6Mb) and had approximately 6Mb left for the FlashFX Disk. I then built a custom image with a size of 14Mb, and installed it. The FlashFX drive size stayed the same size, although the image was reduced in size by 8Mb. I know that the ADSLOAD.HWT file can be used to specify image sizes, but I read that the XScale processor does not need this information. I can not seem to find any information on how to get this extra storage back on the Flash disk. Anyone know the answer?

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  08:38:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
The flash will automatically be resized if you build a different sized flash footprint. But I suspect that what you really have is the same sized flash footprint, but with less files in it and therefore a smaller nk.bin. In this case, you are using the same amount of flash for the OS.

To remedy this, you need to create a smaller flash footprint. You will drag a smaller image size component into your project. You will find the image sizes defined in the catalog under \Third Party\ADS Common\Platform Options\Image Size.

I would recommend that you use a 15MB or 16MB image. This will leave you room to grow without causing the FlashFX Disk to reformat if/when add files to the OS.
Go to Top of Page

thomaskuhn

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  09:04:30  Show Profile
That seems to make sense. Unfortunately, The only thing I have under Third Party in the catalog is Device Drivers. There is no ADS Common. Although, the ADS platform does have a ADS Common directory under PLATFORM.

Edited by - thomaskuhn on 14 Dec 2006 09:05:18
Go to Top of Page

thomaskuhn

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  10:11:06  Show Profile
Ok, I added the ADS common to the Platform and found the proper image size. Thanks.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

msi

10 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2010 :  17:40:19  Show Profile
Seems like I'm having a similar issue. I'm using the new NK.bin (CE image V5.00.51 pro) and now my "FlashFX Disk" is only 4MB. I need to copy a 8.5MB file into this folder.

Is there a way to increase the size of this folder ("FlashFX Disk") or is there a smaller image file, with FTP access, such that I can copy over my 8.5MB file.

thanks,
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  10:08:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm guessing that you are using the BitsyXb. Build 5.00.51 is 25MB in size which, on the standard systems with 32MB flash, only leaves 5MB for the flash disk.

The options for your large data file are to use external mass storage, use a smaller image size, or order BitsyXb units with 64 MB flash. We'll be glad to help in any way we can.
Go to Top of Page

msi

10 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  11:30:32  Show Profile
Thanks for the quick answer. First off, Yes I'm using BitsyXb. Secondly, I have no problem using a smaller image. However the only images i found are the following:

1. 25MB
2. 17MB --> has no ftp, thus I don't know how to copy my application file onto the BixtyXb

thanks,

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  12:09:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Contact us at support.us@eurotech.com . We'll be glad to help.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000