All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 General CE
 CAB file installation fails ("double-click...")
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2002 :  14:59:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: When I try to install a CAB file from my flash card, I get a dialog that says "Double click a .cab file to install application". What does this mean?

This is an unfortunate problem with the CE 3.0 CAB file installer: It can't open files that have a space in the file name. Both the "\FlashFx Disk" and "\Storage Card" folders (onboard and external flash disks, respectively) have spaces in their file name. The workaround is to copy the file to RAM (any other folder in the CE file system) and double-tap it there. The CAB file will be deleted once you've successfully run it.

-----------------------
Drew Kidder
ADS Technology Transfer

Edited by knowledgebase 28-Jun-2002: Add CAB link

wabtec4

59 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  20:45:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello, I copied a 3rd party cab file to \Windows\ directory on CE 4.1/Bitsy board, & double clicked the cab file, but got nothing, no space in the file name.
I want to send your this file or you can download from Meetinghouse website for AEGis Client for CE 4.1. I got this CAB file by run the downloaded file via Active Sync link.
How can I send you the CAB file?
Go to Top of Page

hchin

30 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  17:23:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
wabtec4, can you post a link for us to download it directly? If not, then you can email us the file.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

wabtec4

59 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2005 :  20:19:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sent!
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly