GCX Compact Flash files corrupted
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ksadowski

3 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  09:11:21  Show Profile
My GCX has trouble reading from a 32M CompactFlash card. When I copy a file from /Storage Card is ends up corrupted. The file appears different each time I copy it off the card. I copied the file off the unit and each time the file is copied from the CompactFlash card, its checksum is different. I can plug that same card into my computer and the checksum of the files are correct. Its only the GCX board that has trouble reading the card.

Using a different CompactFlash card seems to fix the problem, unfortunately, I don't see any errors on the debug port indicating there were any problems with the card.

1. Are there any CompactFlash diagnostics that I can use to detect errors in a card?
2. Are there any checksum tools included in CE? This way I can verify installed files.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  14:44:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
Do other GCX boards have this problem, or just this one? It may be that your CompactFlash timings in the adsload.hwt file are incorrect or corrupted. You might try reloading adsload.hwt or confirm that it's valid by looking at the copy of it in /temp/adsload.hwt [used forward slashes so they don't get eaten by the forum database].

We've used public-source CRC32 apps in test code we've written, but I don't think CE has it built-in.

One other possibility is that there is mechanical damage to the CF slot. If the unit is under warranty, you might send it back for repair.
Go to Top of Page

ksadowski

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  16:58:04  Show Profile
I was able to reproduce this problem across the two GCX boards that I have here. I was not able to reproduce this problem on a GC+ board with the same CF card and adapter. So it seems to be limited to the GCX boards.

I looked at the adsload.hwt file in /temp/ and it appears correct. The only modifications I made were to registers 0xA1E30004 (show blank screen at boot) and LCCR3 (see topic 2484).

I couldn't see any damage to the card slot, so I don't think that is the issue. Other CF cards work in the same slot.

FYI: I also received a direct email from ljoy on this issue.
Go to Top of Page

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  16:16:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
ADS does not have any CompactFlash diagnostics, nor does CE include any checksum tools.

This problem is due to using an old CF card. Older CF cards have trouble with the GCX timings. By using only cards >= 128 MB, they will be new enough to avoid the problem. They must be formatted FAT-16, not FAT-32. FAT-16 formatting limits the size to 256 MB.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000