ADSCF with Visual Studio 2005
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2008 :  14:22:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm migrating to C# from C++ and am by no means an expert (yet). I see that, according to topic 2211, that the ADS Compact Framework Library is the recommended approach for dealing with hardware. (I've been playing with the traditional calls to SmartIO per Topic 443, but can't get Digital IO to work.)

Where is there some "getting started" information for using the ADSCF library with Visual Studio 2005?

Specifically,
1. Which files do I include in my solution?
2. How do the functions get "revealed" to my application? (If I just drag in the DLL's, I still can't seem to call the functions.)
3. It seems like there also a need for OpenNETCF. Is this built into one of the ADS dll's or do I need to include some of the OpenNETCF files as well?

So... it can all be boiled down to one question?
What is the step-by-step recipe for adding some basic ADSmartIO functionality to a Windows Forms (CE 5.0) application using ADSCF?

Thanks!

- Mark

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2008 :  18:53:19  Show Profile  Email Poster
You would need the ADSCF.dll and SDF.dll assemblies added to your project. Simply add a manual reference to them in your project and the add a 'using' statement at the top of your code page. The SDF.DLL assembly contains the necessary OpenNETCF assemblies for the ADSCF.dll to use.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2008 :  20:43:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
Cool. Thanks - works like a charm once I got the "reference" thing pointed to the right file locations.

It's a great library... makes my life much easier!

- Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000