Visual Studio 2005; VGA emulator?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

kwdavidson

2 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  12:05:25  Show Profile
I'm trying to get set up with a BitsyXb, Visual Studio 2005, and CE5.0. Is there a document that describes how to set things up in VS2005 so I can have an emulator as one target and the BitsyXb board as a second target? Thanks.

Ken

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  12:14:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
You might find this link useful.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  14:49:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ken,

I've been wanting to do the same thing. Chris' link is good in terms of connecting to a physical device. But I need to be able to work on my applcation via an emulator as well - particularly as I work on the GUI (VGA) in hotel rooms on my laptop.

If there is any BitsyXb emulator solution out there I'd love to know of it!

- Mark
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  15:25:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
We don't have an emulator for BitsyXb or any of our boards. However, you may want to try the Windows CE 5.0 Device Emulator, downloadable from Microsoft's website.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  15:28:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
Unfortunately, I haven't found a VGA emulator in the MS stuff. I really need VGA to do the GUI work.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  17:47:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
There is no "ready-made" emulator with a CE image from Microsoft any longer. It added way too much confusion because an OEM can make a device with a vastly different set of components than the emulator. What you can do is download the Emulator, the BSP for the Emulator and the Platform Builder 5.0 Eval and then generate an image that has exactly the components you need.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000