ReadTemperature not reading temperature
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  14:40:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm trying to read a temperature on a BitsyXb with a 33k Ohm thermister connected connected to TMP SEN- and TMP SNS+

I'm using SmartIO.ReadTemperature() (in C#)and the returned values do not seem to be tracking temperature values. In fact, the returned values do not seem to change even with significant temperature changes at the thermister.

Does this thermister circuit need to be activated somehow in software or hardware for this temperature sensing functionality to be "live"?

Thanks,

- Mark

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  15:39:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
You can check your design against the one shown in the user's manual of the system you are using.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  07:39:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
The BitsyXb manual shows an internal transistor and an external thermister. That's exactly what we have. However, the call to ReadTemperature seems to be giving some bogus number (approx 337) with a +/- a bit or two of fluctuation. It is not sensing changes at the thermister. Is this circuit always "live" on the BitsyXb? Does it need to be "powered", does the call to ReadTemperature activate (i.e. "power") the circuit?
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2008 :  18:19:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
The BitsyXb handles "powering on" the circuit. If you can measure the voltage values across the thermistor, you can verify that the circuit is active. We can send you a test application to confirm that your hardware is functional. Drop us a line to our Support email address.
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  11:35:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
BitsyXb build 5.00.47 and later includes improvements on reading temperature values in SmartIO.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000