Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jmberg

8 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  15:25:18  Show Profile
Hi,

I can't seem to find information about how to keep devices powered in S3 (e.g. for WoL for an external ethernet card), even though the BIOS talks about PME# and similar things that seem connected. No matter what the settings are, the external cards seem to be powered down. Any ideas?

Thx.

peter.tall

7 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  16:42:03  Show Profile
Could I get your module part number and bios version on the Catalyst LP?
Go to Top of Page

jmberg

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  02:44:34  Show Profile
Sure, but I'm not sure where to find the part number, sorry. The numbers on the largest sticker is 9174-004. The insyde sticker says 5104, maybe one of those is it already?

The BIOS main screen says
InsydeH2O Setup Utility Rev 3.5
InsydeH2O Version 01.00.00.08
CPLD version 3.04
Microcontroller version 02.00.02.18

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

peter.tall

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  08:43:27  Show Profile
Thanks for information. That's the information that I needed. Engineering is reviewing this. As soon as Engineering reply back to me I will inform you of their comments/answers/suggestions.

Edited by - peter.tall on 04 Oct 2011 16:21:46
Go to Top of Page

jmberg

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  08:45:59  Show Profile
Great, thanks. FWIW, I'm using the mini-pci-express slots (didn't make that clear before, sorry) and haven't tried the full slots.
Go to Top of Page

peter.tall

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  14:53:30  Show Profile

The PCIE slots mini/full AUX power signals are correctly connected to the V3.3 (on in S0 and S3, off in S4/S5) power rail. Are you sure you are trying WOL from S3 and not S5?

Go to Top of Page

jmberg

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  14:58:26  Show Profile
Yes, I'm pretty sure, I just tell Linux to go into standby ("echo mem > /sys/power/state") and the machine suspends. It's not in S4 (disk) nor shut down (S5).

Is there a jumper maybe that controls this? I didn't change any jumpers, but ...
Go to Top of Page

peter.tall

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2011 :  17:00:40  Show Profile
J16 or J17 PIN 24 IS 3.3VAUX. You can measure to make sure your dev kit has this voltage. This should be 3.3V when on or in standby. Also I am sure you are using kernel 2.6 from the standby linux command ou are using.
Go to Top of Page

jmberg

8 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2011 :  02:53:14  Show Profile
Thanks. Yes, I'm actually using Linux 3.1-rc8.

I just measured the Vaux pin (24) on the mini-pci-express connectors, and it has 3.3V all the time and fluctuates only a little bit (according to my crude measurement, I didn't hook up a scope).
Nevertheless, my card seems to power down. I'm pretty sure it's not the cards fault since it works in another system, but I'm unable to determine what's causing this. At first I suspected the W_DISABLE# signal (pin 18) as it seems to go into an inbetween state (1.2V to GND, -2.0V to Vaux??) but the other slot has W_DISABLE floating and there it doesn't work either.

Anyway, thanks for your help. It's not critical that I get this working, so I'll do other more important things :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000