All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Downloads and Documents
 CE Image Download Page (+ ADSLOAD.REG blank lines)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2002 :  14:13:16  Show Profile  Email Poster

Update:For downloads of CE builds, see the CE build history page for your product. You can quickly find the history page by selecting your product from the CE Files column of the Topic Index

We have consolidated our CE Image Download pages into a more dynamic page which is available here:
ADS Windows CE Builds

We will keep the older pages online, but new additions will be made to the above link.

-----------------
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Applied Data Support

Edited by ctacke 16-Sep-2002
Edited by akidder 4-May-2006: Indicate that selector is no longer in use

tbronez

17 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  13:28:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
Could you add a BitsyPlus 64MB CE.NET build that includes the Compact Framework? On our Bitsy, we use the CE.NET build with Compact Framework for C# applications that run on power-up. We're purchasing some BitsyX units and plan to use the 4.2 build that includes the Compact Framework.

It would be a great help to have a similar build for our BitsyPlus units as well. We're having difficulty installing the CF automatically on power-up.
Go to Top of Page

jeffreyeshaver

9 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  19:47:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
Also, could you please post a CE.NET 4.2, 64MB BITSYX image that includes RTTI and DCOM? The product we're developing requires 4.2 as well as runtime type info and DCOM. Thanks very much.
Go to Top of Page

Consultpinnacle

29 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  05:24:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
We have recently acquired two AGX boards. This doesn't seem to be covered in this downloads area. Do you know where we can source this (it is not on the CD sent with the ref. board)?

Also we are after a full image of CE with all the programs and functions enabled, for assessment purposes only. Is one available?

Many thanks

James Clover
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  13:49:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update

We've added the AGX Platform to the Build Selector.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2003 :  12:25:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
I can't locate a synposis page of the changes made from one CE image to the next. Also, how do I get automatic notices when a new image has been added? I subscribe to all the posts, yet I just found out today that the BitsyX had a new image released on 17Nov.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2003 :  12:55:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Good point, Susan. There isn't a good way to be notified when a new build has been posted. We'll put up some topic pages shortly that we can update with new build information when a build has been posted.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Drew
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  18:29:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks to your suggestion, we've posted CE build revision histories for the BitsyX and AGX. We will maintain these lists as we add new builds to the Selector.

If you subscribe to those topics (or to the Forum, Category or entire board), you'll get notification when we've posted a new build.

We think that this change will help keep our developers better informed when a new build is released. Thanks for the suggestion!
Go to Top of Page

tbronez

17 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  08:28:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
Persistent registry/storage applets under CE 4.2?

I just upgraded from a BitsyPlus running CE build 4.13 to a BitsyX running CE build 4.20.04. This new build doesn't seem to contain "\Windows\mgrreg.exe" (see topic 843). Nor can I find the "ADS Persistent Registry" and "ADS Persistent Storage" Control Panel applets mentioned in the "Developer's Getting Started Guide for WinCE, Rev. B."

Perhaps I overlooked something. How can I manage the persistent registry and storage?
Go to Top of Page

kurtwl

28 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  07:28:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Is there any plan to include the persistent registry in the BitsyX?
If so, when would it appear.
It does not seem that tbronez's question was answered.
Go to Top of Page

jbaik

22 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  09:00:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
It does not have Control Panel Applet, but does have Executable file(RegFlush.exe) on Windows CE folder.
Backup Registry: run RegFlush.exe
Erase Backup Registry: run EraseRegBackup.exe

Go to Top of Page

kurtwl

28 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  04:12:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
CE V4.20 (BitsyX)

In CE V4.1, the 'look and feel' of the OS was very similar to all other CE versions (for handheld) that I have seen.

In CE 4.20, upon boot, when the screen is shown, the taskbar is not present but screen icons are. then the taskbar appears, but the desktop icons at the bottom are obscured by the taskbar. This just looks amateurish.

***** Additionally, I have noticed that if 'CE Explorer' is showing a directory where files are being overwritten, it is possible to end up with multiple icons for one file. Why is this? ******

Then, for instance, if Run is selected from the Start Menu, the whole run dialog occupies the screen. Is that inherent to CE.net?
***** It is a bit naughty that a showing SIP is hidden when the run dialog or similar closes. Is there any way to modify this frankly rude behaviour.*****

***** What is up with the cursor in CE. We are using a mouse, not touchscreen. The cursor dissapears if the window under it redraws. This is true of desktop icons, buttons etc.
Is it possible to increase the size of the cursor via the registry? There don't seem to be any options under the control panel. *****

Is it also intentional that buttons in the taskbar occupy the whole width, and that only one appears at any given time?

Persistant Registry:
A good thing, but what things actually call RegFlushKey?
For our users, the ActiveSync settings and partnerships would be important to persist.
However they are not.
The CeSetUserNotificationEx will let me see TimeZone change, and i can call RegFlush.
So if the activesync connectoids/partnerships need to be monitored, is there any mechanism (short of storing and checking at intervals for changes) to 'watch' for Registry changes?

Edited by - kurtwl on 01 Jul 2004 08:36:45
Go to Top of Page

dcx

35 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  10:06:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
The link on the CE image download page for the CE 4.2 image for the Graphics Client Plus is broken. When will this be corrected?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  10:54:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for pointing this out. The links have been repaired.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  11:09:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
I've just tried upgrading to image 4.20.10, ROM 1.10 from image 4.10.36, ROM 1.10.

I do have an Optrex color display.

First little problem, upon boot, is the following Data Abort...

CE starts From DRAM(0x800b8000)
Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Nov 7 2003 at 18:51:43
ProcessorType=02d0 Revision=6
sp_abt=ffff5000 sp_irq=ffff2800 sp_undef=ffffc800 OEMAddressTable = 800b9170
Registry area is blank.
Sp=ffffc7cc
Data Abort: Thread=83ef70e8 Proc=81567568 'device.exe'
AKY=00000009 PC=01761ba4 RA=00012b54 BVA=f8100000 FSR=00000005
CADSFileOnBoardFlash::GetNextLine::SetFilePointer failed
REG_Init::ParseF.ParseFile() failed
No SMC Chips.
Formatting Flash Disk !!!
Formatting Done !!!
FlashFX Disk Detected: Ver 5.10 (Build 492)
Audio: AC97 Codec Initialized.

Then, even though LaunchCEShell is set to 1, I do not get the desktop.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Platform\BITSYX]
"LaunchCEShell"=dword:1
"LaunchCEShellDelay"=dword:1 ; secs

Finally, the touch screen is slow and testy...
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  12:16:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Now I'm getting the following Data Abort when I load 4.10.36 back onto the BitsyX.

CE starts From DRAM(0x800b8000)

Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Feb 12 2003 at 15:36:08
ProcessorType=02d0 Revision=6
sp_abt=ffff5000 sp_irq=ffff2800 sp_undef=ffffc800
Registry area is blank.
Sp=ffffc7d0
Data Abort: Thread=83f64000 Proc=8114f33c 'device.exe'
AKY=00000009 PC=02431ba4 RA=000131fc BVA=f8100000 FSR=00000005
CADSFileOnBoardFlash::GetNextLine::SetFilePointer failed
REG_Init::ParseF.ParseFile() failed
Formatting Flash Disk !!!
Formatting Done !!!
FlashFX Disk Detected: Ver 5.10 (Build 492)
Audio: AC97 Codec Initialized.
No SMC Chips.
Scanning Installed Providers

And same behavior as above, almost....

The touchscreen is testy and slow. Calibration is difficult. Once calibration is achieved, no desktop.

Now, the part that differs. If I remove the PCMCIA card (and therefore do not load anything automatically at power up) and reboot the device, no Data Abort, and I get the desktop.

Go to Top of Page

jmoger

11 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  12:19:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sounds like there is a parsing problem with your adsload.reg file on the PCMCIA card. I get the same type of message when I try to override any key in HKEY_ROOT_CLASSES.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  12:30:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Wait, this gets even better...

I blindly went through the ASDLoad.reg that is 'part' of the 4.20.10 build and did a line by line comparison with my current REG (I have a lot of application specific entries, so I couldn't just take the REG from ADS). The only thing missing was an entry for RS485. So I added it. And I used that newly updated REG for both the 4.10.36 and 4.20.10 builds.

Well, take that out of the REG, put 4.20.10 on the card, boot the device. No Data Abort, no sluggish touchscreen, and I get the desktop.

Put the RS485 entry back in the REG and made sure that I had a FEW BLANK LINES after the entry...

Life is good once more.
Go to Top of Page

jmoger

11 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  12:36:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
I haven't had a reason to play with RS485 communications but on other SBCs I've used there is usually a jumper to select RS-485/232/422(?). Not sure how it is on the BitsyX - but you may want to confirm jumper settings - unless you know you've never played with any. Interesting fix.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  12:45:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
So, a final note on this one.

I decided to edit that REG file just one more time, and this time move the following entry to the very end:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight]
"BatteryTimeout"=dword:00 ; 00=disabled; 3C=1 minute
"ACTimeout"=dword:00 ; 00=disabled; 258=10 minutes

And I made sure there were no blank lines at the end.

Well, sure enough. Data Abort, sluggish screen, and no desktop after calibrating.

Add the blank lines back to the end. No Data Abort, no sluggish screen and I get the desktop.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  15:37:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm coming in late on this thread, but the registry parser does require one more more blank lines at the end of the document to parse correctly.

On a different note, please create a new thread if your topic isn't related to the original one. I've updated the title of this topic to indicate the change in subject matter.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000