24-bit bitmaps don't work in eVB?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ms08233

17 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  14:58:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
My VB app displays "Picture format not supported." when I try to load in a standard 24-bit color Windows bitmap (.bmp) into a picture control.

My system is wired for 16-bit color, and 24-bit bitmaps display fine in Explorer. The VB app is displaying 4-bit color bitmaps from a previous system just fine, and I tried an 8-bit bitmap and that worked, so why can't VB handle the 24-bit bitmaps?

Will VC++ have this same problem?

I don't know how to produce a 16-bit color bitmap file from Photoshop, so I don't know if that will work.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  15:03:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
This is a known limitation, feature or bug (your choice of word) of the native eVB PictureBox and Image controls. They only support 256 colors or less. The S309PictureBox, free from NSBasic, does not have this limitation (plus it adds a few more features).

eVC doesn't have this limitation (unless, of course, you use the PictureBox COM control).

I'm not familiar with Photoshop, but most image manupulation applications should allow you to decrease color depth of an image. Sometimes it may be "hidden" in a Save As.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000