SQL Server CE
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mburr

3 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  11:58:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am trying to figure out the possible options we have for accessing SQL Server CE from an existing C++ program that is being ported to WinCE. As far as I can tell, these are the most standard approaches:

1) Use eVC++ 3.0 with OLEDBCE. (Use one of ADS's CE 3.0 images.) This approach gets us stuck with old stuff.

2) Use Visual Studio .NET with ADO .NET. (Use a CE .NET image.) This way we can use the most current images but we have to deal with .NET.

Both those approaches have problems. However, I have heard murmurings that it is somehow possible to use eVC++ 4.0 with OLEDBCE. This might be the best choice for us, if it were possible. But apparently the OLEDBCE libraries (along with ADOCE) were never updated past version 3.1, and I can't see how one would use them with a version 4.x SDK.

So my question is, do ADS's CE .NET images somehow offer a means of using OLEDBCE to access SQLServerCE? If so, how the heck do you do it? Otherwise I think we are stuck having to port large chunks of our code to ADO .NET.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  12:12:17  Show Profile  Email Poster
Take a look at Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 323143.

It says "To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix" but many developers are successfully using the files from the Pocket PC 2002 SDK.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000