How to save registry; deleting entries
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ndemarco

5 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  15:31:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
How do we save changes to the registry in GCP 64MB, WinCE 4.1?

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  16:00:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
You will need to make modifications to the ADSLOAD.REG file. See the Developer's Getting Started Guide for detailed instructions.
Go to Top of Page

rdall

16 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  15:16:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Could you please tell if there is a way to remove keys from the registry by booting an ADSLOAD.REG file? Want to remove
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1027_24577\Default\Default\FTDI_D2XX]

According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516, keys can be removed by entries in .reg file. Have tried:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1027_24577\Default\Default\FTDI_D2XX]

but it doesn't work. But found that registry *values* can be successfully removed by entries of the form:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1027_24577\Default\Default\FTDI_D2XX]
"DLL"=-

But the parent keys will not go away.

Thanks,
RD

Go to Top of Page

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  10:46:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
RD:

We do not currently have a method to delete a registry keys using ADSLoad.reg, only values. Could you explain what you are trying to do from a higher level? Are you really trying to delete the FTDI registry key, or is this just an example?

The KB article does not apply to Windows CE.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

rdall

16 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  11:06:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for that clarification, Bruce. In this case, I specifically wanted to remove the FTDI registry key because I wanted to load a different FTDI driver (VCOM). Another reason I wanted to remove keys was for the case where I added them by booting with ADSLoad.REG and it caused problems. In either case it seems I can work around the problem by reflashing with an earlier FW version without FTDI driver support, which also erases the added keys and reverts to a clean system. It seems reginit.ini contains the default registry keys- perhaps I can remove keys from this file, reflash system, and the unwanted default keys will go away?
Top level view: I want to use a BitsyXb as a black box with no UI, streaming serial to and from USB host port with FTDI serial device connected. No battery backup, so must come up with application running and correct device driver config.
Thanks,
RD
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000