GCPlus booting white screen
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jmonza

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am working with a GCPlus running Win CE. With the setup I have now, it used to boot and run fine. At one point, however, it stopped giving data to the display. (ie. All signals are ground, and the display is white.) This is true even when it is not connected to the display. I swapped it out for another board which started out working fine. However, it just started doing the same thing.

I put the first board into the eval kit, and it is working just fine again. I don't think the GCPlus goes to sleep, because I have tried shorting together the two pins of J1, and that had no effect.

Do you have any suggestions either for the cause or the solution of this problem? If it helps, the debug port output reads as follows:

=============

Processor Initialization Table read.
Determining boot cause.
Reset detected.
Starting monitor.
C0037FFC
Waiting for timers to stabilize.

** GC Plus Loader initializing(0x5). **

ADS GC Plus Rom Ver. 1.76 (Build at 15:49:30 on Feb 28 2001)

Reading Flash Header Size...(0xafe bytes)
Reading Flash ...(from 0x40004 to 0x40b02)
Reading hardware register values from flash.

This is Color, 8 Bit, Active Panel.(Width = 640, Height = 480)
8 BPP Color.

Booting from Flash.
Reading Flash Header Size...(0x9af2eb bytes)
Reading Flash ...(from 0x100004 to 0xaaf2ef)

CE starts From DRAM(0xc8600000)

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  11:47:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Your issue sounds tricky. You're saying that a board boots fine in the ADS development system, but fails to boot as described when placed in yours? You might check your power supply with a scope to see if anything odd is happening during boot. The combination of conditions you describe are unusual enough that some of them might be red herrings.

It looks like the boot ROM is copying a 10 MiB CE image into RAM, but for some reason the system is failing when execution jumps to RAM. There's a good chance that the CE image in flash has been corrupted somehow. This can happen if the ADSLOAD.REG file has the wrong starting address for the flash disk.

For starters, why don't you try reflashing the CE image, adsload.reg and adsload.hwt? That will tell us if there's a flash problem. Log the debug output to a file. If you are still experiencing trouble after that, ZIP up that log along with the reg and hwt files and email them to us.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000