SOAP / PocketSOAP / XML-RPC ?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

morpheus

9 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  15:20:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm looking for an implementation of SOAP or PocketSOAP that will run on the BitsyX. I've currently got the source for PocketSOAP and I'm working on cross-compiling it ( and rebuilding the installer, the objects are all COM objects ) so I know that one's not going to work right out of the box.

Anyone know of a SOAP or XML-RPC implementation that will work on the BitsyX platform?

Thanks!

Scott LaCroix
Dataline

morpheus

9 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  16:22:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Problem solved ! And an interesting library problem discovered...

It seems that some versions of Windows use the ZLIB library internally for compression. Windows CE 4.X specifically does. So when the PocketHTTP library I was using ( a piece of the PocketSOAP library ) registers, and the system detects "zlib.lib" as a dependancy, it uses the ( already loaded ) system "zlib.lib". Which fails.

The solution is to rename the library and relink. You also need to change the source for PocketHTTP slightly to reference the newly named ZLIB in the "pragma comment". Also, I used the Z_PREFIX flag to force unique function names within ZLIB. I'm not sure this is necessary, but since I DO know that Windows is using ZLIB and MIGHT have some identical names... I figured it was a good idea.

FYI, "zlib.lib" only shows up in the WinCE 4.X module set. I did a search through MSDN for it, and didn't find any reference in the WinCE 3.X module lists. So, the code I have probably would have worked just fine on a WinCE 3.X device.

Hope that's useful to anyone else that's having problems with software sets that use the "zlib" library. I know I spent about 2.5 days banging my head against it...

Enjoy!

Scott LaCroix
Dataline
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  16:42:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Scott,

That's great info! Thanks for sharing it.

-Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000