Touch screen driver crashes (Bitsy)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

emeier

5 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  18:32:19  Show Profile  Email Poster
After keeping the Bitsy running for long periods of time, the touch screen will sometimes stop working. We have shown that nothing is physically activating the touch screen, and when we plug in a USB mouse everything works fine (so I know the application message handler for the mouse events is working). We think the problem is either in the "adstch.dll" file, or in the hardware controller.

Are there any solutions? Can status information be accessed directly from the "adstch.dll" with a library call to tell if things are still operating?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  18:38:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
I don't think we've seen this issue on the Bitsy. Is there a way that we could reproduce it here? Let us know what build of CE you're using, too.

Thanks, Drew

p.s. I've moved this post to from the Displays forum to the CE Drivers, since the Hardware category is for issues that aren't OS-specific.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  10:54:51  Show Profile  Email Poster

Another customer responded privately that they have seen a similar issue. They said that their problem with the touch panel didn't resolve itself when they rebooted. Is this your experience, or does it work when you power-cycle the system?

This distinction is important, because it can indicate touch panel problems. The first thing I do when I'm having touble with a touch panel that stops working (calibration is way off, won't calibrate, doesn't improve with reboot) is to try another touch panel and cable.

Analog-resistive touch panels do wear out over time, especially if a hard stylus has been used on them. Cables can cause changes in the analog readings if the wires were not professionally crimped.

You might take an oscilloscope and probe the lines of your touch panel to get familiar with how they look normally. You can also echo the tp data out to the debug port.

Here are some topics for further reading about this issue:
Touch panel and cable troubleshooting
Echoing touch data to debug port
Overview of touch panel troubleshooting
Touch panel topic index

Let us know if you have further reason to believe that something might be happening with the drivers. We're interested!
Go to Top of Page

emeier

5 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2003 :  10:14:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
We continue to have the problem. It is very random and not reproducable. Currently are using 1.78 boot rom with windows CE build 3.33.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000