Remote Zoomin/Monochrome Display
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2004 :  07:53:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have successfully retrieved screen shots of my application using the Remote Zoomin Utility when I have my application running on a color display, but I have had no luck retrieving the image when I use a monochrome display. (The returned screen is entirely black.)

I know there are workarounds for this 'problem', but adding additional code to save the current screen to a bmp file (for example) is not a desirable solution. I can run my application on the emulator and get the screen shots. But the emulator version of the application is incomplete, and will remain so, therefore I will be missing some screens.

Does anyone have a solution?

HBPayne

45 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2004 :  13:52:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
You might want to try Microsoft's Remote Display Control which was originally written for Pocket PC.

It will work on CE and CE.Net. I use it on Bitsy and BitsyX. I don't know how it will do on monochrome.

You may need Autosync and network connection. I don't think I've been able to get to run over serial (Autosync).

Microsoft link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/remotedsp_eula.mspx

And you can get it from other sites.

Note: This software will provide a virtual display of the target on your PC which can be used to control the target. You need another piece of software to do the screen capture on the PC.

Edited by - HBPayne on 05 Jan 2004 16:26:38
Go to Top of Page

whuh

23 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2004 :  15:54:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
This program may be helpful to you.
http://www.xoanan.com/handheldpc/SnapIt.htm
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  08:19:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you both for your responses.

This morning I downloaded Remote Display Control. I don't have my device on the network, but merely connected to my PC via USB and ActiveSync. Being monochrome, the returned image is black on gray, which I can easily modify to black on white using an imaging tool. The only snag comes on screens which have a list box when one of the selections is highlighted. The selected item comes back as entirely black (as opposed to gray on black). Oh well. I can get around that also!

Thanks again.

Edited by - Susan on 06 Jan 2004 10:40:50
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000