Wince AGX C# Debugging (toolhelp.dll)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  23:16:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
I can connect to the device. It's not easy but it can and must be done painstakingly every time the machine is rebooted.

However, the IDE will not debug an application. I created a Hello *** app with just one button whose text displays the number of times it has been pressed. I can deploy and run this application on the device.

However, debugging using the IDE acts like it is going to work, says Launching Application and then Ready. That is, it just stops.

I need to be able to debug to port my application from the GM to the AGX.

I am using:
Microsoft Visual C# .NET 69586-335-0000007-18090

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  10:28:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hmmm, I'm wondering if my questions are so basic that nobody will bother to answer them or if nobody is answering any (I don't see a lot of activity in the forums) or if, perhaps, I should be asking Microsoft (LOL, there). I guess I will try the WinCE newsgroups. Or, maybe, we just aren't purchasing enough hardware? I'm not involved with that end of it.

Oh, well, whatever.... I miss actually doing coding on the GraphicsMaster instead of spending my time fiddling with connections.

Tom.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  11:12:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
ahhh, anyone who is having trouble connecting to the AGX for debugging should go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7EC99CA6-2095-4086-B0CC-7C6C39B28762&displaylang=en#filelist
the toolhelp.dll is not installed on the AGX and if you don't have it on there, it won't debug. Might be a good idea to include this on development systems or at least add it to the WinCE Development doc.
Go to Top of Page

jbaik

22 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  08:12:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
We'll get you new image soon.
Tanks for your information.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  14:34:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Tom. Sorry I didn't remember to post earlier about this, but as of AGX build 4.20.06, the CE image includes toolhelp.dll. Thanks for the heads up and suggestion about this!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000