wince 4.2 system clock is unreliable!
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Consultpinnacle

29 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  04:57:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have been experiencing various issues with the clock settings on AGX boards.

I am using active synch to sychronise the date and time before the weekend, leave it running and low and behold the clock is now 8 hours behind my laptops.

Even if i change the time manually, this is very flaky and takes a while to update.
(The daylight time saving settings also seem to be in-effectual).

Is this a CE issue or an AGX issue?

If i cannot take time readings reliably, the application we have developed will be useless. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done about this.

Thanks

Graham Libaert

jbaik

22 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  08:19:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
We will investigate your your problem.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
The eight-hours appear to be the difference between GMT and Pacific Time. We weren't able to reproduce this problem in our tests here, but are working with Graham to track down the issue.
Go to Top of Page

Consultpinnacle

29 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  03:10:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
What I have found now so far is:

If i set the time and date manually on the AGX (with GMT etc. set in the registry), this works fine.
If i set the time and date via active-sync (with GMT etc. set in the registry), this loses eight hours after a few restarts.
If i set the time zone of my laptop to PST and the registry of the AGX to PST, set time and date via active-sync this also continues to work fine.
So as long as I manually adjust the time on my laptop to the equivelent GMT time (but still with PST zone set), before using active-sync - i experience no issues and the AGX feeding back correct date and time. The only thing i will have to be careful of is DST as I believe PST DST changes on a different day than GMT DST.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000