Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

gjsmith

4 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  06:52:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

I am trying to connect a MaxTor hard drive to a VGX via a USB cable. Does anybody know if any additional drivers are required for this? (I already have usbmsc.dll, usbhid.dll and usbdisk6.dll in my Windows directory.)

Many thanks,
Gregor

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2004 :  16:15:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Gregor. Thanks for your message. The answer really depends on the device and how compatible it is with the CE USB drivers. In a test of five off-the-shelf USB keychain models recently, we found that four were recognized by CE and three worked well, so it's a mixed bag at this time. We haven't tested the Maxtor device you've got.

p.s. I've moved your post from the "General Hardware" forum to the "CE Drivers" forum, as the answer to this question really depends on the OS.
Go to Top of Page

gjsmith

4 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  10:57:17  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your reply. It's just that it's interesting because a colleague has managed to plug a similar device into a Bitsy without any problem at all. Also, I have tried another USB hard disk (and a USB mouse) with the VGX and neither are recognised. (All of these are recognised on an ordinary PC.) Could I be missing any drivers that were supposed to have come with CE? Do I have to install the Windows DLL files that came with the hardware?

Thanks, and apologies if my questions seem stupid - I'm a relative beginner at this.

Gregor
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000