Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

iwabernethy

4 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  10:18:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
I need more serial ports!

One of my applicaitons I am using the BitsyX for needs four serial ports. The bitsyX has three.

Does anyone know of a USB to serial adapter that will work with windows CE? I have a keyspan one which claims on their site to work, but there are no drivers and they don't answer emails. So if anyone knows of another make that works then that would be very useful.

Thanks,

Iain.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  10:26:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Edgeport/1 From Inside Out Networks has a CE driver that we've successfully used.
Go to Top of Page

pacsciinst

15 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  11:55:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
We are looking into using the EdgePort/1 device. Can you provide more information about loading the driver? For example, does ADS have registry entries for using the device with BitsyX?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

HBPayne

45 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  15:54:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
This is a quote from the Keyspan site:

Question:

Does Keyspan offer WindowsCE (WinCE) drivers for their products (so that I can connect a Keyspan USB device to a WinCE based device)?

Answer:

In the past, Keyspan has developed WinCE drivers for our USB to Serial adapters for specific WinCE enabled devices (ie NEC MobilePro, Toshiba e740).

At the moment, Keyspan does not support WinCE due to the lack of demand for these drivers.

If a company would like to contract via Engineering for support on their device, we can review that idea via our customization department (sales@keyspan.com). You may want to have your device manufacturer contact us if they require overall serial support for their product.
Go to Top of Page

hchin

30 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  16:35:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
pacsciins,

Try using ADSCopy.exe to load the drivers upon boot. Please take a look at ADSCopy at topic 463 for more details on its use and applications.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000