ActiveSync does not recognise
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

wabtec4

59 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  02:52:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
We are running a bitsy board with Win CE v3.0 and trying to sync with Windows XP SP2 using active sync v3.5,3.6 and 3.7. When I use a usb connection, then active sync works correctly and a partnership is formed. But I require the use or the serial port, namely com3. When I plug the two devices via serial, ActiveSync begins and the spinning circle is present and then a pop up msg or ActiveSync does not recognise the device. Retry or disconnect com. How do i get Active sync to work. Do i need a driver for my device like you do when u use the usb connection??

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  11:35:19  Show Profile  Email Poster
Check to make sure that your device is set to use the serial port for the ActiveSync connection (under Control Panel->PC Connection). You may also have to manually run repllog.exe on the device to begin the connection process.
Go to Top of Page

wabtec4

59 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  18:43:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have already set the WinCE to use Com3 and the communication rates on boths sides are the same. 19200,8,N,1,Hardware. Are these settings correct? Even if repllog.exe is started, then the WinCE device replies after searching with a Communication error.

Edited by - wabtec4 on 30 Sep 2004 18:44:05
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000