Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

bincbom

23 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  11:37:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello,

I am having trouble with JFLASHMM when used with systems that have 28F256K3 flash chips installed (instead of the smaller 28F128J3's). The problem is that JFLASHMM seems to write only the low-order bits of each 32-bit word, leaving "ff" in the high order bits.

Surely ADS has encountered this problem too. Do you have a different ".dat" file for JFLASHMM that will permit JTAG to function correctly with the K3 chips?

bincbom

23 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  12:31:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
My hardware platform is the Xvox - an ADS custom board built for us by you. It's PXA-255 machine w/2 28F256K3 in a single bank. It apparently uses the same addressing scheme for the flash chips that the BitsyX uses - the schematic is the same in this regard. For my cable, I am using a Xilinx DLC-7 per your instructions. For software, I am using the ADS version of the Intel JFLASHMM tool, with a configuration file called "ads255-1.dat".

Using this configuration, writing to sector zero works correctly. Thus it is possible to re-flash the bootloader. But for EVERY OTHER sector, writes result in "ff" in the high bits of every 32-bit word. We are really struggling because of this. Please help us if you possibly can.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  18:38:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
ADS uses JTAG to update boot code and for some manufacturing tests. We supply JTAG boot code programming instructions, but don't support JTAG for other functions. We've had offline conversations with bincbom to meet their needs.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000