Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

phobart

31 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  14:51:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello -

I am currently working on a device that needs to be completely controled via the web interface. the interface needs to provide system level data (memory, battery indication) as well as the ability to manipulate system properties (system name, network config, etc.).

I have tried a few asp pages using VBScript, but it appears as though the Compact Framework has very limited functionality as far as supporting the kind of things I want to do.

- Do you have any samples or examples of web based "headless" operations using the CE environment?
- What literature would you recommend in order to persue this further?
- do you have any other recommendations as to how to proceed?

thanks in advance,

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  14:54:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your note. Can you let us know what product and build of CE you're working with? I don't know that we're familiar with your application.
Go to Top of Page

phobart

31 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  14:57:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sure -

Currently I'm working with CE 4.2 (CE.NET) on an AGX development board. The final resting place for this will be on a board that ADS will be developing for us hopefully in the very near future.

Patrick
Rlw Inc.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  15:40:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
CE doesn't support ASP.NET, so the Compact Framework is not usable for you. A subset of ASP 3.0 is available with VBScript 5.5 and Javascript 5.5 support, though the standard ADS builds do not include ASP server support (contact our sales staff if this feature is important to your development). The most common methods for an interface are through plain HTML and ISAPI extensions. For a good overview from John Spaith (the guy who wrote a good deal of the web server stuff in CE) see this blog entry.

Go to Top of Page

phobart

31 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  15:53:44  Show Profile  Email Poster
From reading his blog, it seems as though for the functionallity, I'm going to have to use ISAPI.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000