Incorrect disk usage reported
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jltowers

3 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2005 :  07:20:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have attached a 100Gb USB hard drive to my Bitsy X. When I first format the drive it correctly reports its used space as 0 and its free space as close to 100Gb. However if I then perform a hard reset, and then check the properties for the drive, it reports used space as 98Gb. No files have been placed on the hard drive. In order to restore the correct values I need to delete the partition, reformst the drive and create a new partition.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Or know any way to resolve it

Thanks in advance
Jennie

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  18:27:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
I don't think we've seen this behavior before, but not many embedded apps use a drive that's so large.

Are you formatting it with CE or with your PC? Do you see this behavior when you format with a PC?
Go to Top of Page

jltowers

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  04:17:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am formatting the drive on CE, but if I plug it into a PC it is instantly recognised as 100Gb.

Having done some further tests I have found that if I leave the system powered up for long enough, the disk space used gets closer and closer to the correct number. IE if when it initially boots up it says 98Gb is used, after 5 mins only 75Gb will be reported as used. After about 30 min it will stabilise as 32kb used and the rest free.

Any idea why it would take so long to work this out?
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  09:14:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
What does GetDiskFreeSpaceEx report?
Go to Top of Page

jltowers

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  09:51:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
Both GetDiskFreeSpaceEx, and browsing to the drive and looking at its properties give identical but wrong values for the first 30 min.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000