Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  23:53:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello

I'm on my 3rd ADS system using .Net (GM, AGX and VGX). I just got the VGX and it seems nice. I'm all hooked up with ActiveSync, SDAuthUtilDevice and can deploy from the IDE. The image that is downloaded will run.

However, when I try to debug my image, I get the "There were Deployment Errors" message box and I either quit or, when continuing, it just drops back into Design Mode. I have also run DelCryptoKeys.exe. I have not deleted my persistent registry as the connection seems good.

I think this might be a problem on the PC side because I have seen the same thing with a different vendor's device. I have rebooted several times.

I could use some help on this.

thanks,
Tom Dorgan

Ludwig Cloetens

11 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2005 :  12:31:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Tom,

First try to connect to the device, if this fails then you have to run DelCryptoKeys.exe on the device and possibly DelDesktopCryptKey.exe on your PC, and maybe even reboot your PC.

One you are connected it is not uncommon that you get the "There were Deployment Errors" error when deploying. Just cancel and try it again, it almost always works the second time.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2005 :  23:48:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi, Ludwig

I am connected to the device in the IDE. In fact, I can deploy from the IDE and the image is executable from the device. You are right, it is not uncommon to get the "Deployment Errors" which disappear on another attempt. However, this just keeps on happening and I have rebooted and run DelCryptoKeys and DelDeskTopCryptKey.exe.

Tom.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  11:11:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
So deploy (Ctrl+F5) works, but debug (F5) does not?
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2005 :  22:45:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, that's exactly right.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  13:40:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
Have you gone through all the steps in the Connectivity section of Microsoft's CF FAQ?
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  23:57:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have done all this. In fact, I made a test app with a single button and am able to debug it. What could be wrong with the debugger and the other app. I have debugged it on multiple platforms in the past.

thanks,
Tom.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  08:31:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
So it's only this single app that won't debug? My first guess was going to be that you didn't have network connectivity on your PC, as that will cause the "downloads but won't run" symptom (the debugger requires you have a network connection or the MS loopback adapter). If it's specific to one project, try creating a new project and pulling in your existing source files and see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  16:45:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Right. That's what I was thinking an hour or so later...I'll give it a shot.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000