VGX touchscreen calibration
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

rsrumrill

20 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  12:40:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
I've just upgraded my CE files from 4.20.20 to 4.20.27 on my VGX development system. Now the touchscreen will not calibrate. During calibration the debug window shows errors near 1200 (threshhold is 32). Enabling the XY coordinates over the debug window shows x values from 1600-3800 and y ranges from 200-3800 over the full screen. These do not appear to be in the range expected.

Although it might not be the best answer, can you discuss how to use these raw numbers to generate new calibration factors for the registry.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2005 :  07:19:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details you posted. We have updated the touch panel driver in our latest CE builds, but the default load is supposed to use the original driver. I'm not sure why you're seeing a difference in the builds.

Are you sure that nothing else changed (ie. touch panel may not be fully connected; touch panel was struck with a sharp metal object, etc)? As you'll read in the touch panel troubleshooting section (see topic 733), behavior like this often occurs when there is a problem with the cable, connectors or touch panel surface.

There's a chance that there's an error in the build, and it's using the new driver but the settings are wrong. You can find out which driver is selected by running regedit.exe on your device and checking which registry keys are set. See the touch panel driver spec (topic 1906) for details about the registry keys.

The format of the touch panel calibration data is "(x1,y1 x2,y2 ... x5,y5)" where each x,y pair is the Cartesian coordinates of the touch panel reading taken during calibration. I can't recommend entering the values "by hand" as the calibration failure indicates that there are errors significant enough to give you trouble with panel operation.

While we work to get to the bottom of this issue, you might plug in a USB keyboard to continue your work.
Go to Top of Page

rsrumrill

20 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2005 :  13:01:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
You are correct that the pre10touch driver is being used. As suspected, changing to the new 1.0 driver did not fix it. I did much of the troubleshooting previously, and nothing looks wrong, but I'll have to look again.

I'm wondering if it's a clue that my numbers extend up to the 3000's while the documentation states they should be only up to 1023?
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000