Disable "Time Change" Dialog
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ken.yeung

20 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  20:42:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am working on CE.NET 4.2 with AGX. When I tried to set the time to 4/3/2005 1:59:45 or 10/30/2005 1:59:45, a daylight saving confirmation dialog will come up after 15 sec. I noticed that there is a subkey in the registry [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Clock\ShowDSTUI]. However, I tried to set the value to 0 or to delete the value but the value 1 returned after reboot and changing new time.

Please kindly advise how I can disable the confirmation dialog for daylight saving times.

hchin

30 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  11:01:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ken,
You can disable the confirmation dialog by adding the entry below into your adsload.reg file. If you add this to the end of the file, make sure there is a carriage return at the end of the last line.

You will then put the adsload.reg onto your CF card and reflash your AGX with the DIP switch set to 1,3 and 4 ON and 2 OFF.

Add this to your adsload.reg:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock]
"AutoDST"=dword:1
"ShowDSTUI"=dword:0
Go to Top of Page

ken.yeung

20 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  12:27:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your response. We have devices out in the field. So we would like to do this by only updating the software or running a script. Would you advise if there is any way to do this programmatically? I tried to change the registry (as in the first message above) but failed.
Go to Top of Page

hchin

30 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  15:27:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
You can do this programmatically. In your app change the key to the settings you want, use RegFlushKey() to persist the registry and the new settings will take effect on reboot.

Take a look at topic 843 for more about persisting the registry and RegFlushKey().
Go to Top of Page

ken.yeung

20 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  15:34:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
I simulated the RegFlushKey by using the applet "ADS Persistent Registry" to save the registry. But after I rebooted the device and changed the date/time, the value for ShowDSTUI restored to 1 automatically. Any idea?
Go to Top of Page

hchin

30 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  19:00:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
If you use regedit to change the settings, modifying the key value will not work. Instead you should delete the ShowDSTUI and add a new one with the same name ShowDSTUI and the appropriate value. Then you can use "ADS Persistent Registry". After the reboot you should see the new settings.
I just verified this minutes ago. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

ken.yeung

20 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  19:32:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you for your patience. The problem was still there. After I did what you said, I saw the new setting after reboot but then when I tried to modify the clock, say, setting one day ahead, the value of ShowDSTUI changed back to 1!
Go to Top of Page

ken.yeung

20 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  19:42:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have done more experiments. It seems the value of ShowDSTUI will set to 1 only from changing the time through the Date/Time Properties. I tried to use P/Invoke to change the time and the value remained 0. I guess my problem has been solved. Thanks hchin for the contribution.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000