Remote Desktop on CE
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

analogix

2 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  12:00:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
Is there any wat to remote into the CE device and be able to control it from a PC. Like how VNC applications work to be able to control a PC from another PC?
Jason

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  12:11:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes. You can use the Remote Display Powertoy from Microsoft. It's billed as being for Pocket PC, but it works with generic CE devices as well.
Go to Top of Page

jwillhite

0 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  12:32:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
I can't get it to work with the BitsyXB. When I try to explode the cab file, the device says that the Remote Display Powertoy is intended for another device. Is there anything else, like this, for Windows CE 5.0 and not Pocket PC?
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  12:47:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Extract the CAB manually - the error is from the CAB being targeted and wceload.exe thinking it knows better than you what will work. CERDISP.EXE (the device-side piece) works fine with CE - in fact the source for it comes with Platform Builder.
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2006 :  13:39:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jwillhite[/i]
[br]I can't get it to work with the BitsyXB. When I try to explode the cab file, the device says that the Remote Display Powertoy is intended for another device. Is there anything else, like this, for Windows CE 5.0 and not Pocket PC?

For the Bitsy Xb (Win CE 5.0) there is a full explanation on how to make this work at topic 2194.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000