Recorded audio playback very low
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  20:37:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have connected a known working mic (works great on a laptop) to the mic input on the BitsyX Personality board. I also connected an 8 ohm speaker to the spkr out.
Both using my code or the sample AudioTest I found on this forum, anytime I record anything, and attempt to play it back, the level is extremely extremely low. I have the volume on control panel cranked all the way up.
I am using embedded visual c++ and my Bitsy has CE 4.1.
I really hope I don't have to write a custom codec driver to get this working!
Thanks for any and all help!

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  19:05:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
Am I correct that other audio files (not recorded by your mic) are playing at normal volume on your system?

It sounds like your microphone might not have enough gain to drive the audio inputs. We test with electret microphones here, which are powered by a pull-up in the BitsyX input circuit.

Feel free to email us more detail or send us the specs for the microphone you're using.
Go to Top of Page

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  00:37:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, I can crank the volume up and get regular audio files to play no problem. But the sound level on my recorded files are very low.
I am using a Radio Shack electret mic, I don't have the specs on it though. Which mic do you use that gives the best results? Should I make a preamp circuit to drive the Bitsy mic input with? And if I do a preamp, I probably have to remove the pullup resistor. Which resistor is that?
Ok, that's all the questions I have :)
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  18:11:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
We will be testing this and replying with our results.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000