Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

cliu

6 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  12:24:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Linking...
coredll.lib(COREDLL.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'THUMB' conflicts with target machine type 'ARM'

Does this mean that COREDLL.dll is a 'thumb' type of dll and therefore cannot be linked with an application destined for an ARM processor?

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  12:39:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Did you create the project targeting the ADS SDK or di you start with another target and try to add the ADS configuration? My experience is that adding a new configuration to an existing project never works properly - didn't with eVC, still doesn't with Studio. Create a fresh new project targeting the proper SDK and then add in your source files - that will get all the compiler and linker switches set up properly for the SDK.
Go to Top of Page

cliu

6 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  12:42:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
You guessed correctly. My project had been created with a different target and then the ADS configuration was added to it later on. I will try rebuilding it starting with the proper SDK and report back with my outcome.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

cliu

6 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  10:36:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
quote:
[i]Originally posted by cliu[/i]
I will try rebuilding it starting with the proper SDK and report back with my outcome.

It turns out that rebuilding the project was not necessary.

After having initially migrated from eVC to a SmartPhone SDK I retrofit the project with the ADS SDK and encountered some library problems.

I then followed several suggestions found online describing how to resolve the problems, but unbeknownst to me at the time, the particular suggestions only served to migrate me back to the SmartPhone SDK.

I reapplied the ADS SDK and eventually was able to compile the project for the BitsyXb and it now works fine.

It appears that the original problem was caused by trying to migrate some SmartPhone-specific dlls to the ADS SDK build. I was trying to put a square peg into a round hole. On my second attempt at migrating from the SmartPhone SDK to the ADS SDK I left these libraries out and had better luck.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000