All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Downloads and Documents
 Steps for taking running CE app to desktop.
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ceuser

7 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2008 :  14:31:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
Having some issues taking an application running on CE 4.2 device and running same app on desktop PC (XP SP2). Part of my problem may be with PC development enviroment which is Visual C++ 6.0. I'm planning on upgrading to Visual Studio 08' , but wanted to try to figure out why the app isn't running.

Took app from eVC++ and compiled for UNICODE for desktop application and changed entry point to wWinMainCRTStartup, program compiles but under debugger I get an access violation in module mfc42ud.dll.

Any links that anybody can suggest for porting a running CE app to the desktop?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2008 :  16:31:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your post. I can't say we've done this before--we spend most of our time in CE Space here.

It looks like the MFC code might be where the trouble started, so you might start comparing those calls to what desktop Windows is looking for. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

kurtwl

28 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  05:26:53  Show Profile  Email Poster
Did you create a 'dummy' VS6 project and pull the sources in or just let VS6 use the "dsw/dsp" equivalents generated by EVC?
Go to Top of Page

ceuser

7 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  10:31:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the replies, kurtwl I think I'll try your suggestion of creating a dummy VS6 project with UNICODE and then pull the sources. I sort of did that as the original code ran on the desktop. Then it was ported to run in CE 4.2, with additional features, now has to run back on desktop. So I took original code "dsw/dsp" and pulled in the sources from eVC++. Think starting with a wizard generated app is way to go.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000