Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2008 :  11:29:51  Show Profile
Hi,

I've got a half-duplex 485 device (flowmeter) that only has the following RS485 inputs: A, B & Ground. It does not have CTS or RTS. In topic 616, akidder says hardware handshaking has to be enabled. Is this still true in my case where there are no CTS and RTS lines to connect to? If so, do I have to tie these lines on my board to VCC or VDX?

FYI, I'm got a Sphere II dev kit with the latest CE image (5.00.23).

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  16:21:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Vince, what are you hoping to accomplish?
Go to Top of Page

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  16:29:14  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by ljoy[/i]
[br]Vince, what are you hoping to accomplish?

I'm trying to get my RS485 device talking to my Sphere II. My question really delves into the techincal details of setting up RS-485 communications.
Go to Top of Page

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  17:55:12  Show Profile
Does anyone know if the RS485 transmit-enable and receive-enable lines have to be manually set in software when transmitting and receiving or is this handled automatically by the CE driver once hardware handshaking is enabled? I ask the question becuase I'm able to send data from my Sphere II, but can't receive it and am wondering if the problem is that my RS485 transceiver has not been configured for receiving becuase the enable lines have not been manually set.
Go to Top of Page

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  08:40:53  Show Profile
Here is reply from EuroTech on 9/25/08;

Hi Vince,

This has just been routed to me. Sphere II does not support RS 485 on COM 3. Our TX_EN line is always enabled. We meant to post that information on the Forums a couple of weeks ago but haven’t had the chance yet.

So instead, you can use COM3 with RS 422 by setting the jumpers on J6 and J7 as described in the user’s manual.

Sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000