Unwanted Mouse Pointer
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  15:27:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
For my BitsyXb CE 5.0 application (VS 2008, C#) I'm typically running with a hardware keypad. Thus I do not need a mouse pointer on the screen. However, when a USB mouse is plugged in, it needs to be shown.

I thought CE would handle this for me. But many times I get a mouse pointer in the middle of my screen - even when there is no mouse present. What's up with that? This looks bad and I want to fix it.

What is the best way to detect the presense of a mouse at launch (as well as during insertion/removal) and display the pointer accordingly? I'd hate to have to add mouse monitoring in every one of my full screen dialogs.

- Mark

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  17:51:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
You can get the ADSLoad.hwt file from the Temp folder on your system and make sure you have:

[TAGS]
MouseDetect 0x00

If you had to add or edit this entry, you will need to reload the file on the board with a CF card.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  18:31:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Will MouseDetect=0 still allow the pointer to appear when I plug in a mouse?
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2008 :  15:53:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
"MouseDetect" entry in ADSLoad.hwt will not prevent the mouse cursor from appearing when you plug in a USB mouse. If you are not using a PS2 mouse, keep it 0 or delete the entry altogether.

The "EnableMouseCursor" entry in ADSLoad.reg controls showing or hiding the mouse cursor when a mouse is present. If it is 0, then you will not see the cursor on the screen even when you plug in a mouse.

For BitsyXb:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Intel]
   "EnableMouseCursor"=dword:1    ; 0 to disable
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000