BitsyXb error message after boot
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

apopov

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2008 :  08:44:41  Show Profile
I have downloaded the latest OS image BitsyXb_5.00.44_Core_Hive_17MB and upgraded my BitsyXb board. Now each time when the system starts it shows a error message: "You are trying to run the system without the flash card installed. You should shut off the system, install the flash card and restart the system."
But I do not use the flash card in my system (I only use the compact flash card for upgrade the OS image).
How I can avoid that message?

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  15:11:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
I just searched our code for "You are trying to run the system without the flash card installed" and "flash card installed". Neither come from our code, and I would be very surprised if they did.

We do not assume that a CompactFlash card would be attached to the system, and very often run without one ourselves.

If this is coming from our code, I want to remove it as much as you want it removed.

Where do you see this message? Is it a message box on the display or a is coming from the debug serial port?

Is that the exact message?

Bruce

Edited by - beitman on 18 Dec 2008 15:12:06
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2008 :  15:53:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
We have actually seen this error message on a customer's system before. It was solved by reflashing an ADSLoad.exe file. Before you do that though, can you please go to the Temp folder on your board, copy the ADS.exe file there and send it to our Support email address for analysis? You may need to change the file extension because our mail filter blocks executables.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000