ADSCopy via USB
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2009 :  08:22:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
Our system is BistyXb based and we are currently doing "user upgrades" via the CF card in the PCMCIA slot and the ADSCOPY utility.

This is working fine for us, however the PCMCIA adapters are getting harder to find. Is there a way to use USB (memory stick, "jump" drive, or whatever you want to call them) with ADSCopy on a cold startup?

I see some things on the forums regarding drivers not getting loaded at startup. So....

What are the specific steps I need to take to use USB and ADSCopy?

Thanks,

- Mark

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2009 :  17:48:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
We apologize for the delayed response. Please refer to topic 463: When ADSCopy.exe runs, it looks for a folder named \ADSCopy in the same directory from which ADSCopy.exe was run.

So if you run ADSCopy.exe from USB drive, place your \ADSCopy folder there too. If ADSCopy.exe should run at startup, then place it in a \Startup folder on the USB drive.

If your goal is simply to have some drivers seen by the OS, you can place the dlls in a \System folder on FlashFX disk.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  09:19:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
So... if I make a "Startup" folder on my USB drive and put ADSCOPY.exe in that folder, will it automatically launch? Does this mean we no longer need the PCMCIA slot for upgrades?
Go to Top of Page

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  09:51:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi mcmalburg,

Thanks for your question!

A couple of points:
- ADSCopy.exe should only be used for copying files; it cannot perform an update of Eurotech Boot files.
- Drop us a line at support.us@eurotech.com with your specifications (Eurotech board, CE Image version, Flash size) and we will be happy to work with you to identify a solution.
Go to Top of Page

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  09:56:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
That's all I need - I just need ADSCopy to copy my application files to the appropriate flashFx locations (i.e. upgrade my app) and then launch it. Currently, we do upgrades via the CF card, but a USB stick is much cooler (and easier to buy these days).
Go to Top of Page

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  10:34:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Understood, and agreed.

After all, CF Cards don't have any blinking LEDs! :)

Let us know how we can be of any further assistance.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000